The Student Services Centre is looking to recruit temporary members of staff to help with Welcome 2017.
There are full-time and part-time vacancies available between 1 – 29 September.
Student Services Assistants help students complete their registration processes – including visa applications, tuition/accommodation fee payment and student card collection. Work will be across University Place, Whitworth Corridor, Student Services Centre and on the Registration telephone helpline.
Successful candidates will:
- act as the first point of contact for students seeking further information or the resolution of a problem or difficulty encountered during registration, including the payment of tuition/accommodation fees, inputting of external sponsorships and the collection of bank account details for the payment of tuition/accommodation fees by Direct Debit.
- act as the first point of contact for students submitting visa applications through the Check and Send Service, using a checklist to confirm that all required documentation has been submitted before receipt. You may also be required to assist in the batching of visa applications for submission to the UKVI
- capture a student photograph (if required) and produce a student card
- communicate courteously and effectively to ensure a consistent high level of service
- deal with issues immediately or escalate to a specialist colleague as necessary
- Provide effective queue management and provide students with information and advice and direct them as appropriate.
Excellent communication skills, the ability to work quickly with accuracy and sound attention to detail are all essential requirements.
September is a very busy period so from time to time, it may be necessary to vary the specific tasks, however, all tasks will all be associated in one way or another with the start of year process.
Rate of pay: £8.47 per hour
Hours of work (dependent on role):
– Monday – Friday: 8.50am – 5.00pm
– Monday – Friday: 10.00am – 4.00pm
– Saturday 16 & Sunday 17 September: 10.00am – 4.00pm
Interested? Send your CV to Catherine Brazendale and include whether you would like to undertake full-time or part-time hours by Friday 30 June. If you have any questions or need further information, please email Catherine Brazendale.