As you’ll be aware, the University is currently undergoing a great deal of construction work as part of a £1 billion investment to create a world-class campus. During this period, it’s important to be extra-cautious when travelling around campus to minimise accidents and injuries.
Whether you cycle, drive or walk, you could benefit from being more aware of the risks on campus and Fallowfield and taking precautions to stay safe.
Head down to Uni Place on Wednesday 4 October between 8am and 3.30pm for the opportunity to:
- Sit in the driver’s seat of a lorry to understand what they can / cannot see of the road.
- Learn about the techniques that could be life-saving in the event of a collision.
- Receive training on safe-cycling on busy roads from experienced instructors.
- Get a bike check up sorted, free of charge.
- Speak to the Estates Safety Team about campus improvements, and share your thoughts on safety on campus.
We hope to see you there!