If you’re a EPSRC funded doctoral candidate, get your cameras ready so you can share your photos and enter the fifth EPSRC Science Photo Competition. This is your chance to support excellence and promote the benefits of outstanding UK engineering and physical sciences.
- Equipment and Facilities: Images of the equipment, facilities and tools used in your research
- Eureka and Discovery: Images that reflect that Eureka moment or new discoveries and understanding that arise from your research
- Innovation: Images of research that has inspired innovation or is related to commercial breakthroughs
- People and Skills: Images of people working as part of your research team, taking part in or affected by your research
- Weird and Wonderful: Unusual, eye-catching and bizarre images arising from your research
Image examples could include but are not restricted to:
- Research equipment
- Research subject
- Research environment (eg lab or field work)
- Combination of all or any of the above
Images should be submitted electronically by attaching them to the online form.
You will need to include a caption for the image and submit a jargon-free extended caption (maximum of 150 words) putting the research into context. The caption must be comprehensible to the lay reader and will be taken into consideration by the judges when making their decision.
A maximum of three images per person can be submitted. Images should be a minimum of 5MB and a maximum of 25MB and in a digital format a minimum of 300dpi (eg jpg).
All entries need to be submitted by 4pm on Wednesday, 6 December 2017.