LGBTQ History Month is back and throughout February there are lots of fun and interesting events running across the University.
We’ve put together a list of key events happening throughout February including film and documentary screenings, theatre performances, social events, conversation corners and workshops. For a full list of the LGBTQ History Events, check out the Students’ Union website.
Monday 5 February
- LGBTQ+ History Presentation, Students’ Union Room 2, 5pm – 7pm
Tuesday 6 February
- Launch of LGBTHM with documentary ‘Global Gay‘ at 12:30pm in University Place 6.207, click here to book your tickets
- Speed Meet and Greet in the Students’ Union Club Academy, 6pm – 8pm
Thursday 8 February
- Conversation Corner: Trans plus Pride and Popcorn Film Screening ‘Tangerine’ in the Students’ Union, Room 3 at 5pm – 10pm
Friday 9 February
- LGBTQ+ Mental Health Wellbeing Support Group in Crawford House, room 5.004 at 3pm – 4pm
Monday 12 February
- LGBTQ+ Pub Quiz in the Students’ Union Bar at 6pm
Tuesday 13 February
- Vogue 101 in collaboration with The Dance Society in the Council Chambers at 6pm – 7.30pm
Wednesday 14 February
- Coffee afternoon in Sidney Street Cafe at 1pm – 4pm
Thursday 15 February
- LGBT Refugee/immigrant/asylum seekers stories – for more information and to book your tickets, click here.
Friday 16 February
- Reclaim the Night placard making session in the Council Chambers from 3pm – 8pm
Monday 19 February
- LGBTQ+ Debate in collaboration with Manchester Debating Union in the Students’ Union, room 2 from 6pm – 8pm
Thursday 22 February
- Reclaim the Night with LGBTQ+ Block
Friday 23 February
- Special theatre performance of ‘Borderland‘ at the Martin Harris Centre sponsored by Barefoot Wines. Book your tickets direct with the Martin Harris Centre.
Wednesday 28 February
- LGBTQ+ Club Night at the Academy