Start off 2019 ignited and inspired by joining us for the first UoM Stories event on the 31st January.
UoM Stories is a Ted-Talk/Humans of New York-style initiative for PhD and Doctoral students with a vision to create a story-telling culture at the university.
And now, we are pleased to announce the line-up of high-profile and inspiring speakers for our first event.
Join us for an exciting and uplifting afternoon, as we hear from:
- Professor Dame Nancy Rothwell: President and Vice Chancellor
- Lemn Sissay, MBE: Chancellor
- Professor Vikas Shah, MBE: Top UK Entrepreneur
- Leena Gade: Formula One Race Engineer
- Emma Ferguson-Coleman: Research Associate using sign language
- Professor Dame Nicky Cullum, DBE: Head of Nursing
- Jack Rivers-Auty: Early Career Researcher
Where? Whitworth Hall
When? 31st Jan, 2019 from 4pm – 8pm
The event is free, but you do need to book a free ticket
Coffee break drinks and snacks will be provided, as well as a wine reception and buffet. Tickets are limited, so reserve yours before seats run out!
And finally, what’s your story? We’d love your story to appear on the UoM Stories Facebook page. Send us a paragraph (no more than 150 words) of who and what inspires you with your picture attached, for a chance to win £200 at the event! Join us and be part of this exciting journey!