Are you thinking of starting up a business? In need of some funding? Then here’s your chance!
The Venture Further 2019 competition is looking for new business ideas which have a high potential to succeed. We’re also looking for students who are really passionate about taking their business forward.
There are five categories to enter:
- Business – businesses with commercial potential via new products or services
- Creative – businesses focused on industries such as advertising, gaming, music, etc.
- Environmental – businesses which aim to minimise/reverse the negative impact of themselves or others on the environmental community
- Social – businesses which are mission driven, delivering solutions that will have a positive impact on social wellbeing of people
- Technology – businesses that apply new technologies to generate new experiences
You’ll need to complete three stages of the competition:
- Express your interest: send in an email to email@example.com. You’ll then be on the mailing list and will find out more info from then.
- First round: you’ll need to submit your entry by Monday 18 March 2019 at 23:59.
- Final round: you’ll need to present your business to a panel of judges
1st place in each category will be awarded £12,000, whilst 2nd place in each category will be awarded £3,000. Winners will be announced at the Venture Further Awards Ceremony in the Whitworth Hall.
This competition will be great to support the development of your idea, enhance your CV and learn how to make your idea a reality!