Yes, you’re stuck inside on lockdown. Yes, it can get pretty boring. But just because you can’t leave the house doesn’t mean you have to miss out.
While cultural institutions have been forced to cancel performances and close their doors to the public in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic, many are now offering some pretty cool online experiences, from gallery tours to nature walks and even music livestreams you can tune into.
We’ve rounded up some of our favourites here:
- Take a guided virtual walking tour through five of the world’s most stunning National Parks – Virtual Tour
- Tune into a weekly livestream working through Shakespeare’s complete works with The Show Must Go Online – Youtube channel
- Step back in time with a detailed visit of Blarney Castle in Cork, Ireland – Virtual Tour
- Relax during golden hour by viewing the sunset off the Cliffs of Moher in Ireland – Virtual Tour
- Head to the opera every night with the Met Opera – Website
- Get up close and personal with some exotic animals with Edinburgh Zoo’s live animal cams – Website
- Take an interactive virtual tour through history with the British Museum – Virtual Tour
- Take a course in anything from Artificial Intelligence to Creative Thinking to Web Development and more – Website
- Take a deep breath and take a virtual stroll through the Royal Botanic Gardens, a UNESCO-recognized site in Kew, London – Virtual Tour
- NASA’s free mobile app lets space-enthusiasts virtually step into mission control – Get the app
- Walk through Paris’ Louvre art gallery to view their world-famous collections online – Website
- Tune into a virtual party and rave night with live DJ’s in a Berlin nightclub – Livestream