Future

Not goodbye – just à bientôt

So you’ve come to the end of the academic year, and it’s probably not quite how you expected or how we’d have liked your time at University to come to an end. There are already a lot of emotions to deal with when finishing your degree, and even more so this year given the circumstances. Relief that your studies and exams are over (or just about) and excited for summer and celebrations, but also maybe sad that your time at University is coming to an end (and did so abruptly)and a little anxious over what’s going to happen next, where you’ll be going and what you’ll be doing.

It’s completely normal to be feeling a mix of emotions, looking back with nostalgia at the time you’ve spent in Manchester. Making friends, the hours spent in the library, in lectures, living with housemates, arguing with housemates, and staying up for hours talking about nothing in particular. Or you might be excited for what’s to come next, whatever that may be. The key thing is that whatever you’re doing next, remember that you’ll always belong to The University of Manchester community.

You’re now officially a member of the University alumni, and join one of the largest global alumni communities in the world. As an alumnus of The University of Manchester you can stay connected with friends, classmates and the University itself, regardless of where you are in the world. Stay updated by email, and if you’re really missing Oxford Road you can always come back and attend University events such as the annual Cockcroft-Rutherford Lecture, or inspire a new generation of students by speaking at an alumni event. (When it’s safe to do so)!

There are so many ways to stay in touch, and be part of the University community – we can even help you organise a physically distant reunion! So whatever new chapter you are beginning, it’s not goodbye but see you soon.

“I bring my past, I bring my future, I bring my rights and I bring my song,
I stand atop the University of Manchester, we belong here, we belong”

Lemn Sissay, Inspire and be inspired, 2015.

%d bloggers like this: