IT Services is excited to announce that Teams, the new digital hub for communication and collaboration across our University is now available to all students.
Teams is part of the Microsoft 365 suite of applications and provides a space to chat, hold meetings, make calls and share files, all together in one place. With Teams you can:
- Make and receive voice and video calls with others across the University.
- Set up and attend Teams meetings online.
- Use the chat and messaging features.
- Collaborate on documents and file share with others inside our University.
Get started with Microsoft Teams
To download Teams simply go to office.com and sign in using your University credentials (student email address and password). You can even install the Teams App on to your phone, if you want to.
If you don’t want to download it that’s no problem, as you can use Teams online (in a web browser).
For more information on how to get started with Teams, including installation instructions and how to guides, please visit the IT Services website.
The more we use Teams across our University the better connected our communities will be.
Introduction to Teams event
To help you discover the features and functionality of Teams we have organised a special ‘Teams Live Event’ for students, taking place at 11am on Tuesday 29 September. All you need to do to join is click the link below at the appropriate time.
Join us, ask questions, and discover more about Teams!
Using Teams – limitations
- You can invite people outside the University to join Teams meetings and chats provided that they also have Teams and their organisation allows it.
- You cannot share files with anyone outside the University as guest access is currently not enabled.
- You cannot create your own Teams, but you could be invited to join one by a Team owner.
Teams is part of the Microsoft 365 package giving you access to a range of useful applications including OneDrive which gives you 1TB of online storage. To learn more about Microsoft 365 and the range of supported applications available, visit our Microsoft 365 page:
For IT help and support, please visit the IT Services website for a range of options: