Opening hours and service availability (Updated 31st March 2021)
To help manage demand and ensure every student has the opportunity to book a space, bookings are only available for the next day. Spaces for the following day will be available to book online from from 10am.
You must book in advance in order to use a Library study space, and you must keep to the session you have booked. Please cancel your space via our online booking system if you no longer need it (instructions on how to do this are in your space booking confirmation email).
All Library sites will close over Easter except the Alan Gilbert Learning Commons, which will be staffed by Constant Security.
AGLC opening hours:
- Thursday, 1 April: Open 24 hours
- Friday, 2 April: Closes at 8pm
- Saturday, 3 April: 9am – 5pm
- Sunday, 4 April: 9am – 5pm
- Monday, 5 April: 9am – 8pm
- Tuesday, 6 April: 9am – midnight
From 7th April:
Study spaces are available at the following locations:
- Main Library 9am-midnight, Monday to Friday and 10am-midnight, Saturday and Sunday
- Alan Gilbert Learning Commons (24 hours a day, seven days a week)
- Stopford Library (9am-5pm, Monday to Friday)
- Oddfellows Hall (9am-5pm, Monday to Friday) (Please note, this space is for Postgraduate students only)
- Joule Library 9am – 5pm, Monday – Friday
Click and collect service
You can use the Click and collect service to access physical resources from some Library sites.
Other study spaces
Some University teaching rooms are also available for study and can be booked through ResourceBooker. Look for the Student Study Rooms tile once you log in.
Advance notice: Easter vacation opening
Further information and help
Remember, if you need help you can talk to the Library via LibraryChat.