Travel University news

Updated government COVID-19 guidance

Reading Time: < 1 minute

Updated government advice for people living in areas where the new COVID-19 variant is spreading

Residents in Greater Manchester and Lancashire have been advised to “minimise travel” in response to the growing number of cases of the Delta Covid-19 variant, updated advice published by the government says.

The new advice states that, wherever possible, people should:

  • Meet outside rather than inside
  • Keep two metres apart from people that you don’t live with (unless you have formed a support bubble with them), this includes friends and family you don’t live with
  • Minimise travel in and out of affected areas.

This new guidance should be considered as advice and not law. Residents in affected areas do not need to cancel plans but should be careful when making new ones, minimising all non-essential travel.

Our advice to all colleagues (irrespective of where they live) continues to be as follows:

  • Continue to work from home unless it is essential that you are on campus
  • Get tested twice a week for free and isolate immediately if you are positive
  • Get vaccinated when you are offered it, and encourage others to do so as well. Being registered with a GP ensures you receive the communications in a timely way. Please also keep updated with your local primary care team who may be do additional vaccination drives.

Self-Reporting Covid Cases

We want to be able to offer you support if you are isolating or test positive for COVID-19.  To do this, you must report to the University if you test positive, or are isolating due to symptom or exposure to someone with Covid.  

You can report here

You need to do this even if you have reported your case/been tested outside the University, and whether or not you are in Manchester. More information is available here.

%d bloggers like this: