Accommodation Health Safety University news

Isolation support at the end of your tenancy or licence agreement

Reading Time: < 1 minute

If you have been told to self-isolate or have tested positive for COVID-19, it is important that you don’t return home before your isolation period is over. There has been a rise in COVID-19 cases in Manchester in recent weeks, and so we are urging all students to get tested before travelling. You can collect a rapid lateral flow test from multiple points on campus until 23 July.

Students in University accommodation

If your period of self-isolation extends beyond the end of your licence agreements, students currently in University accommodation will be able to stay in their current room at the summer vacation rate. If you wish to stay in Manchester after your self-isolation ends, you will need to book summer vacation residence in either Richmond Park of Whitworth Park. You will need to book a room in advance and due to COVID-19 restrictions, there are a limited number available.

Private accommodation

You are permitted to break self-isolation to fulfil a legal obligation or to change your place of self-isolation if it is no longer practical to stay where you are. Please see the government guidance on moving home during the coronavirus outbreak for more information. If you are in a crisis, Manchester Student Homes are there to support you. You can contact them by calling 0161 275 7680, or email

Related links

For general self-isolation guidance, visit our university COVID-19 support page.

If you are experiencing financial difficulties as a result of the pandemic, visit our financial support pages and the Students’ Union’s Emergency Loan Service.

%d bloggers like this: