The Research Lifecycle Programme (RLP) want to know how you would invest £20 million in supporting research activities.
The Research Lifecycle Programme (RLP1) is a £15 million series of investments to maintain research infrastructure and support at the University, which launched 2018 and concludes 2023. The programme was designed to be a proactive, targeted, and controlled investment rather than being reactive and ad hoc. The programme also facilitates the University’s ambition to achieve a top 25 position in the global research rankings.
RLP1’s activities and their success has demonstrated the continued demand for a second Research Lifecycle Programme (RLP2) to sustain investment and maintain and improve activities supporting research. RLP2 is planned to run from 2023 to 2028.
To ensure that further investment is purposeful, guided by researchers, and will provide the most benefit for researchers and support staff, we need the the research community to engage with scoping activities. The RLP2 Scoping Project team will attempt to collect, through workshops and surveys, the varying needs and views of researchers and staff who support and facilitate research.
This is an opportunity for the research community to engage with the programme to shape the future of research support and infrastructure over the next few years.
You can sign up to a workshop below to engage with the RLP2 Scoping team. Alternatively, you can take part in the survey to share your thoughts. If you require more information, or would like the RLP2 Scoping Project team to attend one of your local meetings, please email email@example.com.
Sign up to one of the workshops
- Tuesday 8 March, 10am – 12noon (on campus)
- Thursday 10 March, 2pm – 4pm (online – PGR / Early Career Researcher focused)
- Tuesday 15 March, 2.15pm – 4.15pm (on campus)
- Thursday 17 March, 10am – 12noon (online)
- Tuesday 22 March, 10am – 12noon (online)
- Thursday 24 March, 2.15pm – 4.15pm (on campus – PGR / Early Career Researcher focused)
- Tuesday 29 March, 2pm – 4pm (on campus)
- Thursday 31 March, 10am – 12noon (online)
Take part in the survey
- RLP2 Scoping survey (This should take approximately 10 minutes to complete and closes on Wednesday, 30 March at 5pm)