How well can you express yourself in 280 characters?
Creative Manchester, in partnership with the Centre for New Writing and the Great Science Share for Schools, is running a Micropoetry competition themed around ‘Climate Change.
How to enter
To enter write, a climate-themed micropoem and tweet the poem with the hashtag #micropoem22 before the closing date of Tuesday 21 June 2022
Looking for inspiration? Maybe you can include the oceans, seasons, animals, sustainable energy or environmental protection? The possibilities are endless. Or why not take inspiration from the pioneering interdisciplinary research taking place at the University, brought together in the research platform, Sustainable Futures | The University of Manchester.
The prizes for the best three poems are:
- 1st prize: £500
- 2 runner up prizes: £250 each
- 10 pairs of tickets for Literature Live autumn 2022 programme
The esteemed judging panel is as follows:
- John McAuliffe, Professor of Poetry at The University of Manchester and Director of Creative Manchester
- Maryam Hessavi, Manchester-based Poet and Critic
- Lemn Sissay, The University of Manchester Chancellor, Poet and Writer.
To find out more about the competition please take a look at the competition web page.
To make the competition more accessible, email entries will also be accepted. Please email your micropoem to firstname.lastname@example.org