As part of the continued update of the University network by IT Services and its network partners, planned maintenance will be taking place on University network equipment between Saturday 9 April and Thursday 14 April 2022 which could result in disruption to network access across campus.
Due to the fact that different sites are being updated at different times, it’s not possible to state at exactly which time that the disruption will occur in each area, but these are planned days and dates:
- Saturday 9 and Sunday 10 April: Between 9am and 5pm on both days, there will be up to two 10-minute outages in buildings on Main Campus and North Campus, and one 10-minute outage in the Victoria Park and Owens Park halls of residence. This will affect Wi-Fi and wired network connectivity.
- Monday 11 April and Tuesday 12 April: At some point between 6pm and 9pm on both evenings, there will be a ten-minute network outage affecting access to all network services, including (but not limited to) Wi-Fi, wired network, IT login, remote access, GlobalProtect Virtual Private Network (VPN), Duo 2-factor authentication, University websites and more. This is to allow for essential updates and will fix an issue some staff and students are experiencing with the GlobalProtect VPN.
- Monday 11 to Thursday 14 April: Between 6pm and 9pm on each day, there will be a 10-minute outage to Wi-Fi and wired network connectivity in halls of residence. Different halls will be affected on different days.
If you experience any issues outside of the above times, please report this to the relevant team:
- Hornet (Internet access specifically in halls of residence)
- IT Support Centre (all IT issues not related to halls of residence)
Keep informed about upcoming IT work
Sign up to the IT Planned Work mailing list to receive occasional notifications of upcoming work.