Whilst increasing numbers of young people are choosing not to drink, for lots of students drinking will be a big part of celebrating the end of semester and enjoying the summer months.
You don’t have to have a drinking problem to reflect on your relationship with alcohol. If you drink, have you ever…
- not made it out after pre drinks?
- forgotten bits of a night out?
- said or done things you regret?
- cancelled plans or skipped uni because of a hangover?
Lots of people who drink will have said ‘yes’ to one or more of the above. If you did too, there are some super-simple tips from Eclypse that can help you fine tune your relationship with alcohol. It’s basic stuff, but it works!
- Eat before you drink. Having a proper meal before you drink will line your stomach and help ‘soak up’ some alcohol.
- Drink water. Alcohol makes you dehydrated, which is part of the reason you get a hangover, so drink water or soft drinks before, during and after you drink alcohol.
- Try switching to a lower alcohol drink. This will mean you’ll be more able to handle your drink. Definitely one to think about if you normally drink spirits at pres.
- Pace yourself. Alternating between alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks will give your body more time to process the alcohol and save you a small fortune, especially if you are at a gig or festival.
You can get more advice on how to master your relationship with alcohol, cut down, or quit altogether, if that’s what you want to do. Eclypse Manchester have a tonne of useful resources.
Complete a quiz on these tips to WIN £200 OF TICKETMASTER VOUCHERS! To enter the competition, read through all our harm reduction tips and complete a short quiz here.