Off-campus living

Off campus living: reporting noise issues

Reading Time: < 1 minute

Exam season and semester 2 are coming to an end, and many undergraduate students will be planning celebrations over the coming weeks. While most are respectful of neighbours in residential areas, in previous years we have had reports of noise issues.

If you are affected by noise issues, did you know you can report anonymously issues or problems concerning students’ behaviours in off campus areas?

Don’t Suffer In Silence! Report your noise problem via the Manchester City Council website. Information about how to tackle a noise problem is also available here.

Anyone can report an issue on 0161 234 5004 if there is currently a noise issue e.g. party across the road. Stay on the line and you will get through to an officer who will take your details. Officers work most days until 4.30am and can attend to professionally witness the disturbance.

Support is also available from Manchester Student Homes which works on behalf of both The University of Manchester and Manchester Metropolitan University, in partnership with the Police and the Council to manage and respond to any issues reported through to the helpline.

If you need any support at all, relating to any issue while you’re living off campus, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with them 0161 275 0750. All calls are treated in confidence and responded to in the first instance by experienced University Officers. You can also visit Manchester Student Homes in person to report any concern at their pod in Students’ Union building.

For more information about Manchester Student Homes visit their website.

%d bloggers like this: