Hungry to find out where the best places to eat in Manchester are? You’ve come to the right place! These three foodie accounts share their secrets on the best of the best of Manchester’s eateries, bottomless brunches, and delectable desserts.
A Manchester favourite which cannot be missed off the list is @gooeyco. This delightful company serves donuts, cinnamon buns, and what they’re famously known for… gooey cookies. These sweet treats come in a variety of flavours, from red velvet to kinderella, with a different special topping off the menu each week. They even opened their very first cafe just last week, so why not pop down there next time you fancy brunch.
While there’s lots going on during welcome week and the first few months settling into university life, you might be worried that you’ll miss something important. Whether you’re hunting for a part-time job and want to keep up to date with what the Careers Service has to offer, or you’re interested in a spot of volunteering, there are plenty of official university Instagram accounts for you to follow to get the 4-1-1.
- @officialuom – to catch up with the latest university news (Instagram & TikTok)
- @manchester_nightline – for information about Greater Manchester Nightline services (a confidential listening service ran by students, for students)
- @manchester_su – to keep up to date with the Student’s Union events
- @uomsport – everything sport, from clubs to training sessions
- @uomlibrary – library updates and workshop information
- @uomvolunteering – volunteering opportunities
- @uom.reslife – student support in halls of residence, socials and workshops
- @uomcareers – careers information, from part-time jobs to interview prep
Finally, for those who are living in Liverpool halls here’s a Facebook group for you to get to know your new flatmates!
Manchester city accounts
These are our top 5 accounts to follow if you want to make sure you’re always in the loop about exciting events and what’s on in Manchester. From new food vendors, to Manchester’s music scene and showcasing Manchester’s most beautiful parks, you’re bound to find something which suits you.