To mark the State Funeral of Queen Elizabeth II, Monday, 19 September has been declared a bank holiday in the UK.
This means that many areas of our University will be closed. However we know that with the bank holiday falling at the start of Welcome Week, there are services and buildings to which you’ll need access, so the following will be available and open:
- Main Library and Alan Gilbert Learning Commons
- Hall receptions, administration and the accommodation office
- Catering outlets in Library and AGLC and the Students’ Union
- Mental health and wider wellbeing support services for students will be open in Crawford House and information about disability services can be found here
- Wellbeing services are also available 24/7 to staff and students
- Security – call 0161 306 9966 (on the back of your ID card)
- IT Services Support
- Student Ambassadors will be on campus and in library buildings to help with any questions.
- Occupational Health Services
Unfortunately, we will have to rearrange or cancel Welcome events due to take place on that day.
The State Funeral will be shown on the screen at the Alan Gilbert Learning Commons and in the Students’ Union and halls bars. Alcohol will not be served until after the funeral.
You may continue to complete registration online if you have not done so already; guidance around this process can be found on our Welcome Website. The registration helpline will be closed but will reopen on Tuesday, 20 September 2022. Student ID cards can be picked up from the Main Library if you have already booked a collection appointment. Biometric Residence Permits can also be picked up from the Student Services Centre if you have booked an appointment.