Whether you’re a first year or final year, there’s so much to explore in Manchester. We’ve put together 100 things you can do in our brilliant city to inspire you to go beyond Oxford Road and discover what makes Manchester so special this Autumn.
From bars and cafes…
- Relive your childhood in the underground arcade bar, NQ64
- Join a yoga session or wellbeing talk at Feel Good Club
- Try something new from a vendor at Mackie Mayor
To iconic Manchester history…
- Delve into The Smiths Room at Salford Lads Club
- Visit the bright lights of Canal Street
- Learn about the Suffragettes at the Pankhurst Centre
Trips further afield…
- Hop on the tram and stroll down Beech Road
- Visit Heaton Park for the best view of the city
- Go hiking in the Peak District
…and so much more!
- Get a unique perspective of Manchester through an Invisible Cities walking tour
- Watch the skies at Jodrell Bank
- Discover your love of the game at the National Football Museum
Pick up your free poster!
Over the next four weeks you can pick up a free poster of 100 things to do in Manchester, featuring a beautiful illustration of the city where you can keep track of all your adventures. You can find them at upcoming Careers Fairs, Volunteering and Social Justice Fair and at the Help Desk at the Students’ Union.
Share your favourite activity with us
…and be in with the chance to win one of five University of Manchester goodie bags, with lots of branded merchandise to share your UoM pride – including a much needed umbrella! To enter, simply send us photos of your top 5 activities from our 100 things poster, and one of your own from your recent adventures. Winners will be picked at random during the last week of the semester.