Are you a final year student thinking about what’s next after uni? Are you ready to take on a new challenge and make real change? Then Future Leaders might be for you. We’re looking for the talent of tomorrow for our new graduate programme, Future Leaders, starting next September.
You’ve got just over 3 weeks left to apply before the deadline on 30 November – so get your application in today!
What is it?
Future Leaders is a three-year graduate programme starting in September 2023, designed to accelerate your professional skills so you can become leaders at the University of Manchester.
It’s a work-based development programme, which means you’ll gain practical experience across several departments at the University through three 12-month placements. You’ll also have the opportunity to complete a package of professional development opportunities.
At the end of the programme, graduates who successfully complete the programme will be offered permanent full-time employment at the University of Manchester.
What are the benefits?
We’re offering a great package of benefits, including:
- A starting salary of minimum, £28,750, which also includes annual increments and cost of living increases where applied to the University
- Hands-on experience across a range of areas of the University, to provide a breadth of exposure and development
- A guaranteed role within the University offered on successful completion of the programme subject to meeting the performance criteria
- A programme of professional development opportunities
- Access to 1:1 development coaching and mentoring
Am I eligible?
You will be eligible to apply for this programme if:
- You are a graduate of the University of Manchester within the last two years, OR are a University staff member who has obtained a degree from Manchester or another university (including via the apprenticeship route) within the last two years. This includes colleagues currently undertaking the Manchester Graduate Internship Scheme
- Have obtained (or are predicted) a 2:2 or above in your undergraduate or postgraduate degree
- You have willingness and drive to push yourself to the next level and ambition to become a leader in your chosen field
We welcome applications from graduates who meet the above criteria and require a visa or sponsorship to work in the UK. The programme is sponsorable under the UKVI’s Point-Based System and the University will be able to assign a Certificate of Sponsorship to support a Skilled Worker visa application.
Sounds great! Where can I apply?
Brilliant! We’re looking for a diverse selection of outstanding graduates who really want to make a difference at our University and challenge the status quo. Applications are now open! So, if this sounds like apply today to become a Future Leader. Applications close on Wednesday 30 November, but may close beforehand if we receive a high volume of suitable applications, so get yours in sooner rather than later!
Applications will be open for a month and we’re hosting two sessions to help you:
- an information session to learn more about the programme and ask any questions you might have
- an application session to help you manage the process smoothly