Staying in Manchester this Christmas? We’ve put together this guide of what’s on in the city to keep you entertained this festive season.
Explore events in the city
There are so many things to explore in Manchester over the Christmas break – from live concerts to light shows, to escape rooms and even bunny yoga (!) Below we’ve listed some of our highlights but you can find much more here.
- Check out Christmas at HOME which is packed with festive theatre, cinema and live events across the festive period
- Christmas at Dunham Massey is perfect if you want to escape the city
- From film screenings with a live orchestra to Christmas carol services, find out what’s on at Bridgewater Hall
- Explore Heaton Park’s light display, Lightopia
- Support your community with Manchester’s Community Choir Carol Service at Manchester’s Craft and Design Centre
- Discover Manchester’s festive theatre scene with these highlights
- Enjoy a drive-in Christmas movie with friends
- Looking for adventure? How about an outdoor Christmas themed escape game?
- Rest and relax with Bunny Yoga in the Northern Quarter (where else?)
- Find out what’s on offer at Platt Fields Park Winter Garden Market
- Celebrate the Winter Solstice at Jodrell Bank
- Connect to your community at Feel Good Club
Stay connected with the International Society
We know that lots of our students stay in the city over the winter break. Check out the International society who are hosting lots of fun Christmas events so you can meet new people. Including a Christmas Music Night, a Festive Social and a Christmas and New Year get together. You don’t have to be a member to join in so why not get involved?
This time of year is all about giving, and if you’re looking for ways to connect with the local community while you’re in the city this Christmas, why not consider volunteering some time to help spread the festive spirit. It would also be the perfect opportunity for you to get out and about meeting new people, spending your time on something worthwhile and feeling good about yourself. Check out the Christmas Closure pages for lots of volunteering opportunities or the Volunteer Hub if you want something more long-term.
Reach out if you need to
We know that this time of year can be difficult. If you’re finding it hard then take a look at our Christmas guides and find out the support on offer. You can also find more information about all the student support that’s on offer during the Christmas closure period here.