With just over a week until the deadline, make sure you enter or nominate someone for our Making a Difference Awards by 16 January
Each year we invite our University community to enter the Making a Difference Awards. We have eight categories to highlight the positive impact our staff, students, alumni and external partners are making to society and the environment. The Awards are an opportunity to celebrate how many of our staff, students, alumni and external partners are making a huge difference to the lives of others.
With a closing date of 16 January, there is just over one week to go before the deadline for entering the Making a Difference Awards. If you haven’t already, you can enter or nominate someone you know, to help recognise the positive social responsibility achievements being made across our University.
Culminating in a major ceremony in May 2023, the Awards celebrate, raise awareness and provide valuable recognition of how individuals and teams across the University are making a difference to the social and environmental wellbeing of our communities and wider society.
The Awards are open to all staff and students at the University as well as some categories being open to alumni and external partners. Individuals or teams can submit an entry for themselves, or be nominated by a third party.
The award categories include the following:
- Outstanding benefit to society through research
- Outstanding teaching innovation in social responsibility
- Outstanding contribution to social innovation and environmental impact through enterprise
- Outstanding public engagement initiative
- Outstanding contribution to equality, diversity and inclusion
- Outstanding professional services for social responsibility
- Outstanding contribution to environmental sustainability and a low carbon future
- Outstanding contribution to widening participation