Update: the event will begin at 9.30am
Worried about trying to keep costs down at the minute? As we’ve begun to clear remaining North Campus buildings, we’ve found a whole host of furniture in good condition and full working order that’s looking for a new home.
In line with our sustainability goals and to provide a helping hand financially, we’re hosting an open day for students across the University to come along and take away any items of furniture they want.
What’s up for grabs?
There’s hundreds of items ready to take away, including:
- Desks and tables;
- Chairs (including desk chairs, meeting room chairs, tub chairs);
- Storage items (including pedestals, book cases and cabinets);
- Ergonomic furniture (including chairs and heigh-adjustable desks);
When and where?
The event will take place in the Great Hall, C Floor, Sackville Street Building. Access is via the entrance on Granby Row only. Please bring your student card as proof of identity
Drop in anytime between 9.30am and 4.30pm on Wednesday 15 March.
How will it work?
Items are available on a first-come, first-served basis. If you see something you like, simply let one of the team members managing the open day know and, provided it’s still available, we’ll you’re your details and reserve this for you. For ease, we’ll be marking which items have been reserved as we go along so you know what’s still available.
If the item is light in weight and portable (e.g. wheeled office chairs), you’ll be able to take this away with you on the day.
If an item is heavier and requires a vehicle to take it away (e.g. desks, sofas) we’ll reserve this and email you to arrange a collection slot during the times below, providing vehicle access into Granby Roe for your car or a taxi:
- Saturday 18 March, 9:30am – 12:30pm
- Thursday 23 March, 8:30am – 4:30pm
- Friday 24 March, 8:30am – 3:00pm
- It is your responsibility to arrange vehicle access to collect any heavier items.
- Items aren’t limited per student so, provided it’s still available, you can reserve and take away what you want.
- Items cannot be returned once you’ve taken it away.
- If you have any questions or you’re unable to make one of the above collection slots, please get in touch with Don Dave Dela Cruz at firstname.lastname@example.org