Off-campus living Wellbeing

Don’t Suffer in Silence 

Reading Time: < 1 minute

Your exams are approaching and you’re hard at work revising for them but your student neighbours are causing a noise nuisance which is affecting your concentration. Did you know you can report anonymously issues or problems concerning students’ behaviours in off campus areas?

Don’t Suffer In Silence! Report your noise problem via the Manchester City Council website. Information about how to tackle a noise problem is also available here.

Anyone, such as long-term residents and students, can report your issues on 0161 234 5004 if there is currently a noise issue e.g. party across the road. Stay on the line and you will get through to an officer who will take your details. Officers work most days until 4.30am and can attend to professionally witness the disturbance.

Manchester Student Homes works on behalf of both The University of Manchester and Manchester Metropolitan University, in partnership with the Police and the Council to manage and respond to any issues reported through to the helpline.

If you need any support at all, relating to any issue while you’re living off campus, please don’t hesitate to get in touch on 0161 275 0750. All calls are treated in confidence and responded to in the first instance by experienced University Officers. You can also visit Manchester Student Homes in person to report any concerns:

The MSH Pod

University of Manchester’s Students’ Union

Oxford Road


M13 9PR

For more information about Manchester Student Homes visit their website.

%d bloggers like this: