As part of our cyber incident response, we are offering all taught students a free, 12-month subscription to Experian’s identity monitoring service.
Today you will have received an email from Simon Merrywest, Director for the Student Experience, about a free, 12-month subscription to a leading identity monitoring service, Experian IdentityWorksSM . We’ve taken this step as a precautionary measure and it’s not an indication that your data has been affected.
Within this email you will have received your activation code and a link to the Experian website.
Experian IdentityWorksSM helps you to monitor your personal information for certain signs of potential identity theft. The service monitors the web, social networks, and public databases to detect theft, loss, or disclosure of personal and financial information.
It also provides identity monitoring support, focussed on identifying and resolving identity theft.
Once your subscription is activated, you will have access to the following features:
- Internet Surveillance: Technology searches 24/7 to identify trading or selling of your personal information on the dark web.
- Fraud remediation tips: Self-help tips are available.
- Information and support page [https://www.manchester.ac.uk/cyber-incident/].
- Additional support for you following cyber incident: [https://studentnews.manchester.ac.uk/2023/06/12/additional-support-for-you-following-cyber-incident/].
- Notification of a cyber incident latest update: [https://studentnews.manchester.ac.uk/2023/06/16/cyber-incident-latest-update/].