The more you explore campus and attend events during Welcome, the more prepared you’re going to feel to start your studies — and that’s why we’re introducing The Big Welcome Prize Draw!
Simply attend five eligible Welcome events and say “hi” to your School’s Student Support Hub and you could be in with a chance of winning amazing prizes, including two top prizes of brand new 64GB iPads!
Steps to enter
- Collect one of The Big Welcome Prize Draw stamp cards. You’ll be able to find these at the front desk of our Main Library.
- Attend at least 5 official University events during Welcome and ask a staff member to stamp your card at each event. The full list of eligible events are listed below.
- Find your School’s Student Hub — these are key locations across campus for you to get support throughout your time as a student. When you find it, pop in, say “hi” and ask a member of staff to stamp your card.
- When you have 6 stamps on your card, pop your name and contact details on the back and post it in the red postbox that you’ll find at the Customer Service desk of the Main Library.
The closing date for cards to be posted is Wednesday, 27 September, before 5pm.
We’ll draw winners at random from the cards posted and get in touch via the details provided with your prize — good luck!
The full list of prizes up for grabs
- 2 x 10th generation iPads (64GB)
- 1 x £15 voucher for Co-op on Oxford road
- 1 x £15 voucher from Takk coffee Shop (University Green)
- 1 x £10 voucher from Bold Street Coffee (University Green)
- 1 x £10 Students’ Union Hot Potato voucher
- 1 x £10 Students’ Union 532 Bar and Kitchen voucher
- 1 x £10 Students’ Union Corridor Coffee Co voucher
- 2 x £5 Sainsbury’s gift cards
- 10 x £5 vouchers for Food on Campus outlets
Events where cards will be stamped
- The Start of Year Fair
- Commuter Pre-Welcome event
- Welcome Event for autistic students
- Mustard Tree Volunteering Taster Day
- Getting a job in the UK as an International student (Careers session)
- Making the Most of Manchester (Careers session)
- Getting to Know the British
- PGT Networking event
- Campus Tour
- Heritage Walking Tour
- Postpals Volunteering Drop-in
- Getting a Part-tome job (careers session)
- Mature Learners Networking Event
- UoM Sport fitness sessions (Wednesday in the Activity Zone)
- Sports Fair
- Living for Less Fair
- Getting a job when you graduate (Careers session)
- Community mapping volunteering drop -in
- Parents and Carers Welcome
- Join a Society**
**To get your stamp for joining a society, please report to the Activities Office Reception (Monday – Friday, 10am-3pm) on the first floor of the Students’ Union building. A member of staff at this location will be able to check your membership status and stamp your card.
Find out when and where these events will be taking place on our Welcome website and our Welcome Campus Map is here to help you find your way to event locations and Student Support Hubs to get your stamps.
Terms & Conditions
- You must be a first year student at The University of Manchester (either undergraduate or postgraduate taught) to be eligible to win an iPad.
- Only one entry per student is allowed.
- In order for your entry to be valid you must have posted a completed ‘Big Welcome Prize Draw’ card into the post-box before the closing date of Wednesday, 27 September, before 5pm.
- Prizes will be allocated using a random number generator, and the colour of iPad will be allocated randomly.
- Winners will be contacted by their student email by 5pm on Friday, 29 September. Winners will have 3 weeks to collect the prize from a designated collection point. If the prize is not collected within 3 weeks it will be re-allocated to another student.
- Winners will be asked to show their student ID in order to collect the prize.