Together with the Students’ Union, we are committed to supporting you to help with the rising costs of living. From rising winter energy bills to the cost of food, prioritising your money is more important than ever.
There’s lots of support and practical help that you can access when you need it, so here’s a recap to make sure you don’t miss out on what’s available:
Spend less whilst you’re on campus
- We have dedicated warm spaces on campus for you to hang out, study and relax in. Our five cosy campus spaces are equipped with microwaves, hot water and heating so you don’t have to spend money at home, or eat out when you’re on campus.
- Weekly free breakfasts are available every Wednesday during term time. From 9am, the Library Team will hand out vouchers in Alan Gilbert Learning Commons which can be exchanged for breakfast goodies, including a hot drink and pastry, at the Learning Commons Café.
- Drop by the community fridge, help combat food waste whilst keeping your costs down with free fresh food. The fridge is in the Hive on the first floor of the Students’ Union. Watch this space for a second fridge coming soon to University Place.
- We offer a 20% discount for students who use Food In Advance, in our food and drink outlets across campus. You can also bring your own meals and use the hot water or microwaves free of charge.
Financial support when you need it
- Our Cost of Living Support Fund is open to all students experiencing unexpected financial hardship, for grants between £250 to £2000.
- The SU Advice Service offers a small emergency loan scheme, of up to £100, for students in times of short-term financial hardship.
Free health and wellbeing support
- You can access free 1-2-1 counselling sessions and a range of free wellbeing workshops. There is also lots of other advice and support available to help with your wellbeing, whenever you might need it.
You can find full details about all the support on offer on our Cost of Living webpages.