24 October: Importance of standing together against hate
24 October: Standing together
- Counselling and Mental Health Service for students.
- 24-hour mental health helpline and wellbeing app.
- Our Multi Faith Chaplaincy welcomes people of all faith and none.
- Student Safety Support
- SafeZone App, designed to help keep you safe.
- Additional support services are detailed on our Student Support page.
Report and support
- Both the University’s Report and Support Team and the Students’ Union Advice Centre have trained advisors ready to provide support if you or someone you know has experienced or witnessed any form of hate, or has a safeguarding concern.
- If you would prefer to speak to someone outside of the University, Tell MAMA is an independent organisation that supports victims of Islamophobia and anti-Muslim hate. CST is an independent organisation that supports victims of anti-Semitic hatred, harassment or bias.
- In addition to our own efforts, Greater Manchester Police (GMP) are actively meeting with all Jewish and Muslim centres in the city to offer help and added reassurance. Students and staff can also report any incidents or concerns via the GMP website.